This recipe is from my friend Matthew who is not only sharp as a tack and utterly charming but is one of those super people who posts pictures of their bakes and cakes on facebook for all to see – hurrah! I’m glad I’m not the only person who does that! – and they always look divine. Beautiful cakes, cheesy leek flans… so accomplished and SO tasty-looking!
Matthew has a regular cake club at his work (where I like to think they all huddle under a bare lightbulb and some one shouts out: “The first rule of Cake Club is, no one talks about Cake Club…”) and from what I hear he is THE baker extraordinaire. So what I’m trying to say is, if Matthew makes them, these cookies are bound to be a taste-sensation… though there’s really only one way to find out…
*110g butter, softened *110g caster sugar *70g condensed milk *170g self raising flour *90g dried bananas (Dried Cavendish Bananas from Waitrose work well) *90g pecans, lightly toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Chop the dried banana and pecans
3. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar, until pale, then stir in the condensed milk.
4. Mix in the flour and then work in the banana and pecans.
5. Line a tray with baking parchment.
6. Using a teaspoon, take small quantities of the dough, roll them into a ball and then flatten them onto the baking parchment.
7. Batch bake in the oven for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown at the edges, but still soft.
8. Leave to cool on the tray until they firm up, then place on a wire rack to cool fully.
So there we have it. Another lovely recipe from another lovely baker!
Since starting this blog at the start of the year I have been amazed and so happy to hear from all kinds of people – like friends who I never knew loved to cook and people at work who are secret cheffers!- who have started to tell me about how they get stuck in in the kitchen and about their famous bakes and amazing dinners. I am still learning about food, how to cook and what works well and to have hints and tips and secret recipes from friends is just such a treat. If anyone has an awesome recipe and an accompanying piccie of their finished product then get in touch and if you let me I’ll pop it on WouldLikeToEat so we can all have a go! x