One of my favourite websites for lunchtime interslacking, right up there with lolcats, domestic sluttery and go-fug-yourself, is goodfood. The recipes are amazing and have so far proven miraculously foolproof.
This is from goodfood – although I’ve ramped up the amount of spices – and wowzers it tastes really good and super nutritious (I love it when that happens!). It feeds four and I am sure your mates would love it..
* 4/500g chicken breasts *300ml chicken stock *2 onions finely chopped *3tbsp olive oil *1 tbsp clear honey *2 tbsp ground cumin *2 tbsp coriander *giant pinch of chilli *giant pinch of cinnamon *2 small/ 250g courgettes *400g can of chickpeas *big bunch of fresh parsley *juice of 1 lemon *200g cous cous *50g butter *350ml chicken stock * big bunches of coriander and parsley
1. Chop your chicken into chunks and add it to a pan with the stock, onions, oil, honey, herbs and spices. Season really well and bring to the boil. Cover and then cook gently for about 25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
2. Wash and slice the courgettes into sticks and add them and the chickpeas to the pan. Cook for another ten minutes.
3. Pour the couscous in a bowl, add the butter and stock, cover with clingfilm and leave for ten minutes. When it’s ready add the fresh herbs which you’ve ripped or torn and fluffy and stir it up. Form into dorky shapes on your hot plate if you have as much time on your hands as I do!
4. Add the lemon juice and fresh parsley to the pan, stir it all up and pour on the plate. Tuck in.
Simple, honest, happy food. This meal has turned into one of those that I cook every few weeks and it always puts a smile on my face!