This is a scrummy dinner and the perfect snackette following a tough day in the office, a pounding hangover or when you only have marginally more energy than it would take to order in a pizza.
*1 tbsp olive oil *1 pack of squiggly pig sausages *3 garlic cloves chunky chopped *200ml white wine (nothing too shabby) *1tbsp sundried tomato paste *400g tin of chopped tomatoes *200g pasta *pinch of chilli *salt and pepper *stacks of cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pan and add the sausages. Fry for about 8 mins until golden and cooked through.
2. Tip in the garlic and fry for 1 min.
3. Pour in the white wine and boil until it has reduced by half.
4. Stir in the tomato purée and tomatoes, a pinch of chilli and season to your tastes. Simmer for 15 mins until the sauce is rich and gloopy.
5. Meanwhile boil your pasta (I cook mine with a knob of butter and plenty of salt), when cooked throw it in a bowl, add the sauce and sausages and top with mountains of cheese.
This happily feeds two empty bellies – with room for a spot of cake for puds maybe – and literally takes about 20 minutes. It is hangover-tested and I can vouch that even with a stonker it’s simple and tasty.