Insanely girly, pretty as a picture and soft as a cloud these cakes are totally dreamy. Mixing smooth white chocolate and tart raspberries and sprinkled with love, your Valentine would love one…
*120g salty butter *75g white chocolate *150g caster sugar *1tsp vanilla essence *2 eggs *1 tsp baking soda *180g self raising flour *120ml water *At least24 fresh and juicy raspberries and then for the frosting: *100g butter *160g icing sugar *15 raspberries *sugar hearts (Jane Asher does them.)
1. Preheat the oven to 180Oc and lay out 12 pink cupcake cases.
2. Melt the butter in a pyrex bowl over a pan of boiling water. When starting to look all melty add the chocolate. Once completely smooth remove from the heat.
3. Add the sugar, vanilla and eggs and mix really well. Sift in the baking soda and, as Michael Jackson once said, beat it. Add the water (don’t worry – it gets quite runny) and then divide the mixture between the cases.
4. Add the raspberries to the cake mixture and ensure the batter covers them. Bake for twenty minutes (if you pop a skewer or cocktail stick into the cake it will come out clean), then cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Meanwhile, gently heat the raspberries in a pan with 2 tspb of water until you can mash it gently, cool entirely.
6. Cream the butter and add the icing sugar, add the raspberry purée and it should make a light pink frosting.
7. Decorate the cakes and cover with love-hearts. Scoff.
Thanks to Cooksister for the amazing recipe. Subtle and sweet – these cakes are gorgeous little pink ladies!