I first made this for my boyfriend’s Dad as a little birthday treat and wow! It is patently indulgent, a little silly but jolly good. It takes almost no time to make and even less to scoff. Scrummy.
*100g salty butter *200g v.dark chocolate *100g v.good milk chocolate *2/3tbsp golden syrup *100g rich tea biscuits *10 pink and white marshmallows *1 frys turkish delight *1 double bar of milky way *10 glace cherries
1. Break the chocolate into a clean pyrex bowl and add the roughly chopped butter and syrup. Melt slowly over a pan of boiling water.
2. Meanwhile chop the marshmallows into 4s ,the cherries too and the chocolate bars into small chunks and slices. In another bowl roughly break up the biscuits.
3. Once the chocolate has melted into a lovely augustus-gloop style goo leave it to cool slightly for about 10 minutes. Resist the urge to eat it. Remember what happened to Augustus!
4. Add the chopped sweets, biscuits, chocolate bars and cherries. Stir and don’t worry if it is a bit of an effort you can be quite rough.
5. Cover a tin with foil and pour in the mix. Cool in the fridge for at least an hour or until you can’t wait anymore. Slice into bars or chunks and dust with icing sugar. Devour.